Saturday, 25 June 2016

BLOG TOUR: The Crown's Game Dream Cast!



Hey all! Welcome to my stop in The Crown's Game Blog Tour! I'm super excited to share my post with you guys as it's the first time I'm featuring something like this!

I really enjoyed Evelyn Skye's debut YA Historical Fantasy and if you haven't picked it up yet, then what are you waiting for?! It's the perfect read for those who are lovers of great Fantasy with a magical setting. In this case - Russia!

Russia is perhaps the most exciting setting in my opinion - I am obsessed with it! Especially Tsarist Russia. So naturally, I'd dive at the chance to devour this book! It's such a rich and vivid setting as we get to explore the beautiful Russian lands and revisit it's history!

Anyway, we're here to talk about the characters. Character's I've grown fond of and cannot wait to see again in the sequel! When I asked Evelyn about her dream cast and adapting The Crown's Game into a movie/TV show, this was her response:

'I would love to see a film or TV adaptation of The Crown's Game! I don't have an opinion, though, on actors. I tend to think of film/TV as separate art forms from books, and I would enjoy just sitting back and watching how the producers and creative team interpret my story for a new medium. 

Readers, however, certainly have their opinions. More than one has contacted me with their dream casts, and it's always a treat to see!'

So, why not share my own dream cast?! I began hunting for pictures of how I envisioned the characters to look for the main characters and thought I'd share them! Most of the pictures aren't actual actors/actresses per se, but it's just how I pictured the characters to be. Of course, it's extremely difficult to find a true likeness that matches the pictures in your head as you read the book - but I did my best and here are the results!


VIKA ANDREYEVA



NIKOLAI KARIMOV



PASHA

(I honestly couldn't see Pasha as anyone but Toby Regbo in Reign. PERFECTION.)


SERGEI ANDREYEVA

(Sergei was more difficult to find!)


GALINA



RENATA

(This pretty much nailed my vision of Renata from the book. Her eyes should be brown but you get the picture...)


YULIANA



What do you think?

Any of these match to how you pictured the characters?

I really hope we get some kind of movie in the near future! I would love to see this richly imagined world be brought to life! IMAGINE IT. *heart eyes*

Who would be your dream cast?


ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Evelyn Skye is the New York Times bestselling author of THE CROWN’S GAME (out now!) and its sequel (2017). She was once offered a job by the C.I.A., she not-so-secretly wishes she was on “So You Think You Can Dance,” and if you challenge her to a pizza-eating contest, she guarantees she will win. When Evelyn isn’t writing, she can be found chasing her daughter on the playground or sitting on the couch, immersed in a good book and eating way too many cookies.

LINKS:

1 comment:

  1. YES! These are all exactly what I pictured as well - I've never even seen Reign but Toby is my Pasha <3
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete