Saturday, 4 April 2015

March Wrap Up & Recommendations 2015


So March was a really poor reading month for me, I don't know why or what went wrong. I guess I was in a bit of a slump, or more like trying to get out of one. I read a horrifying SIX books. Uch. It was a pretty hectic month although the books I did manage to read were pretty good! Also, I'd like to add that I will now be listing which books from the pile I've read, I would recommend to you guys at the end!

OKAY. LET'S GO.

THE SCANDALOUS SISTERHOOD OF PRICKWILLOW PLACE
23747002
AUTHOR: Julie Berry
MY RATING: 4 STARS

Sent to my by Hot Key and Piccadilly Press, I really enjoyed this one! A great fun read with fabulous characters and mystery!

UNDER MY SKIN
23582973
AUTHOR: James Dawson
MY RATING: 5 STARS

Another fabulous title from the reigning Queen of Teen, James Dawson! Hot Key have published another brilliant creeptastic book that I adored about a girl called Sally who decides to get a tattoo. Said tattoo ends up being able to speak and possess her body! SO COOL. And that gorgeous cover and the sprayed edges are to die for!

THOSE ABOVE
Those Above cover image
AUTHOR: Daniel Polansky
MY RATING: 2 STARS

Not exactly what I was expecting if I had to be honest. I was let down by this one though it had a promising synopsis. It was okay in parts and a few characters really intrigued me and kept me reading but it just didn't work for me unfortunately.

ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES
All the Bright Places cover image
AUTHOR: Jennifer Niven
MY RATING: 5 STARS
LINKS: Goodreads | Wordery | B&N

This is the book that made me cry. It ripped me apart and cracked my cold heart. It was so raw and moving, I was touched and devoured the beautiful writing and story with it's fantastic characters. A perfect book surrounding mental illness. I will never regret reading this one.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Beauty and the Beast cover image
AUTHOR: Ravinder Randhawa
MY RATING: 4 STARS

This was truly a fun and entertaining read! Diverse characters and plot, a really great contemporary for those dull days! Great Asian culture and funny references. Really enjoyed it!

THE STORYTELLER
13741785
AUTHOR: Antonia Michaelis
MY RATING: 5 STARS
LINKS: Goodreads | Wordery | B&N

This is definitely a contender for the most heartbreaking and emotional book I've read. Set in Germany this is a story about Abel and Anna. Abel is known for his drug dealing, he is super secretive about his personal life so when Anna's curiosity gets the better of her, she gets tangled up into the dark mess of Abel's life. The ending rivals ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES, the writing just as beautiful and poetic. I read this after Niven's novel, which was the worst idea possible. It literally killed me.
Such a good book guys. So so so beautiful. I cried.




23582973All the Bright Places cover image 13741785


What books did you read this month?

Have you read any of the titles on my list?

Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those but I have seen a lot of positive reviews for All the Bright Places. Maybe I'll check it out. I hope April is better reading month for you!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check some of them out! All the Bright Places is AMAZING, you need to read that one!

      April is actually going really well for me, reading wise so thank you! x

      Delete