Thursday, 30 April 2015

Anticipated May Releases 2015


I can't believe April is over! Time is flying past which also means more incredible books for us! May has a lot of hot new YA releases, it was incredibly difficult to narrow down a list of a couple that I am most excited for but I managed it! Here's my list of my most anticipated releases for May!

#1 - THE LAST SUMMER OF US by Maggie Harcourt

25354146

Publish Date: 1st May 2015

Genres:  Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction

Three best friends who go on a road trip towards the end of summer. Sounds amazing! I love the idea of this book and absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on a copy!

Goodreads: Here

#2 - SAINT ANYTHING by Sarah Dessen

24926018

Publish Date: 5th May 2015 

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

A new Sarah Dessen book! I am a huge fan of hers and her book Lock & Key is my all time favourite contemporary read. Her books are so full of emotional and beautifully written, she is an auto-buy author for me!

Goodreads: Here

#3 - THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)

Publish Date: 12th May 2015

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Fairytale Retelling, Romance

This has such a super-intriguing synopsis! 18 year-old Khalid takes a new bride each night, only to have her executed at sunrise. But a volunteer bride comes up with a plan to end his life only to discover he is not exactly all he seems to be. There are diverse themes which instantly had my attention and I've been hearing nothing but great things!

Goodreads: Here

#4 - THE NOVICE by Taran Matharu 

The Novice (Summoner, #1)

Publish Date: 5th May 2015

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Demons

Though technically, I am currently reading this book as I was lucky enough to get an early copy, this is still going on my list because from the moment I heard about this book, I was sold! This was a Wattpad sensation and that really fascinates me! An awesome Fantasy novel about summoning demons. (My inner Supernatural fangirl side freaked out a little.) Cannot wait to share my thoughts about this one!

Goodreads: Here

#5 - A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

Publish Date: 5th May 2015

Genres: New Adult, Fantasy, Fairytale Retelling, Romance

This one is an obvious pick. EVERYONE is talking about it and copies are already in the wild! I'll be meeting Sarah in May for her ACOTAR UK tour and I cannot wait!

Goodreads: Here

#6 - THE LOST AND THE FOUND by Cat Clarke

The Lost and the Found

Publish Date: 7th May 2015

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I have adored Cat Clarke's previous books A Kiss in the Dark and Undone so I rushed off to find out about her newest upcoming release and I cannot wait to read it! Cat writes realistic and emotional stories that really hit you right in the feels and leaves you breathless! 

Goodreads: Here

#7 - THIS IS NOT A LOVE STORY by Keren David

This is Not a Love Story

Publish Date: 7th May 2015

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, LGBT

There has been a lot of buzz surrounding this book and from what I've heard, it's one to look out for! Set in Amsterdam (TFIOS memories anyone?) we follow the life of Kitty who is trying to move on after the unexpected death of her father. Sounds like a perfect read for me!

Goodreads: Here 

And finally, one I've already read and loved...

#8 - BETTER LEFT BURIED by Emma Haughton

22815671

Publish Date: 1st May 2015

Genres: Young Adult, Thriller, Mystery

LOVED THIS ONE. Emma's books are so gripping and get your hearts racing! Really glad I got to read an early copy and it was one of my most anticipated releases of 2015! You can check out my review too!

My Review | Goodreads: Here


And that's my list! Of course there are so many more I'm anxiously awaiting to get my mitts on but this post would be way too long!

What books are you most looking forward to this May?

Any on my list catch your eye?

Feel free to let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read The Novice, and of course A Court of Thorns & Roses - who isn't excited for that book!!

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/05/review-talon-talon-1-by-julie-kagawa.html

    ReplyDelete