Wednesday, 1 October 2014

October YA Releases 2014!




It's finally October and the start of one of my favourite seasons of the year - AUTUMN!

This means brown leaves, chilly weather (so get those winter jumpers and scarves out!) and most importantly... wonderful October book releases!

That's right. This month, prepare yourself for high levels of fangirlig with all the exciting new books that are either the continuation of a series or something new entirely, that will finally be available for purchase! Let's not forget that Halloween is also round the corner so get those pumpkin's out and get decorating.
P.S. Don't forget the candy.


Before I forget to mention, this month Georgie @ What She Reads is hosting an awesome Hallowread with a few other fellow bloggers. Get in the Halloween spirit and pick up a few spooky books and join in with the fun! Don't forget to use the hashtag #hallowread2014!

I hope to join in with the readathon so check it out if you're interested!

Details: Click here.

All-righty! Below I will list the October releases that I am most looking forward to and will hope to get a hold of as soon as possible. See if any take your fancy!


My True Love Gave To Me

22914373
Authors include: Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, David Levithan, Laini Taylor, Ally Carter, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Kiersten White, Matt de la Peña
Edited by: Stephanie Perkins
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Short Stories, Romance
Goodreads: link
Release Date: 9th October 2014

This is an exciting mash up of 12 short stories, each one by a different author! Set during the festive period of Christmas, each installment has a beautiful story to share. Some of my favourite author's have written a piece for this book which I cannot wait to read. (Also, the UK cover is gorgeous. PINK COLOURED PAGES!)


Snow Like Ashes


17399160Author: Sara Raasch
Series: Snow Like Ashes #1
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Magic
Goodreads: link
Release Date: 14th October 2014

I've had my eye on this book for absolute ages. I can't wait to finally grab a copy, especially with a cover like that! It's glorious!
This is the first book in a new Fantasy series. The Kingdom of Winter was conquered leaving them without a monarch or magic. Protagonist Meira is a survivor and orphan, training to be a warrior and in love with her best friend, and future King, Mather. She goes on a quest to find an ancient locket rumored to have the ability to restore their kingdom's magic. But her journey is no easy one.

I love the sound of this one!



Blue Lily, Lily Blue


22978079Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Cycle #3
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Goodreads: linkBook #1 link
Release Date: 21st October 2014

This is the third installment in the Raven Cycle with one more book left in this quartet! I've only started this series, having neglecting The Raven Boys for a while (I know, I'm horrid.) I picked it up after hearing so many intriguing comments about this series. Now I love it and can't wait to continue and I will definitely be reading The Dream Thieves before the 3rd book is released!
I don't want to go into too much detail about this book for spoiler reasons but do check out this series if you haven't read it yet! 



Talon


17331828
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Talon #1
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dragons
Goodreads: link
Release Date: 28th October 2014

DRAGONS. Yes, you read correct! Julie Kagawa, author of the The Iron Fey series and the Blood of Eden trilogy, now has another epic series to share. This time, involving dragons! 

Dante and Ember Hill are the only brother and sister known to dragonkind. Dragon's have been hunted by slayers part of the Order, forcing the Dragons of Talon to hide in human form. Ember wishes for freedom before she is tied down by destiny as a dragon.
Soldier, Garret Xavier Sebastian's duty is to hunt dragons. When he meets Ember, he discovers truths that had been hidden from him, forcing him to question the real motives of the Order.

Awesome right?



The Young Elites


20821111Author: Marie Lu
Series: The Young Elites #1
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci-Fi
Goodreads: link

Author of the gripping Legend trilogy, Marie Lu has a brand new series for us and it sounds like it's a pretty good one! 
This is another book I've been eagerly waiting for and now there are mere days away until publication!

Adelina is a survivor of the blood fever - a deadly illness that had spread throughout the nation. Many children survived with strange markings left behind on them. Rumored to possess powers, these special children are known as the Young Elites. 
Teren believes the Young Elites are dangerous and need to be removed. Enzo is a member of the Dagger Society. Their paths cross with Adelina who is seeking vengeance for being ousted by her family, all of them discovering dark secrets that could change everything.


That's my top 5 October releases that I am most excited for. Of course, there are many more incredible books that have my interest but haven't completely won me over yet. 

Recognize any of these titles? Any take your interest? Let me know what October releases you are most excited for!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for a lot of these books as well! I'm especially excited about Talon because dragons are great, and I haven't read a good dragon book since Seraphina.

    ReplyDelete