Monday, 1 September 2014

August Wrap Up!

IT'S SEPTEMBER.


God, time flies fast doesn't it? It's been a very crazy summer and for most, school has either started or is about to start which sucks. I have a few short weeks before I'm due back to purgatory myself - which bites.

But I promised myself to read as much as possible this August and I'm proud with the number of books I managed to read! (It still seems like less, but at least it's more than usual.)

To begin with, at the start of the month I was in the middle of my #NightSchoolMarathon - which, if you have been living under a rock all these years is a fantastic YA Thriller series by C.J. Daugherty which you absolutely MUST read. Immediately. - so I read Fracture and Resistance which in my opinion was a great way to start off the month.


1734561617930383
GoodReads:


I read quite a lot of Contemporary books this month too. I think I was just in the mood for a good summer read - I did read a few good ones!

8720917194616576931356


162805572061811017451795

GoodReads:


Solitaire was literally a-mazing. It's one of the best books I've read in my time. Buy it. Read it. Enjoy it. Thank me later.

I also read one classic this month - which I loved. The Catcher in the Rye is now one of my all-time favourite books. It's hilarious and very enjoyable, I highly recommend!

7933650


Moving on, I also read The Queen of the Tearling which is now one of my favourite Fantasy books of all time. I'm so excited for the next book, I think it's one people should give a chance to even if you aren't a fan of Fantasy. 
I also was lucky to read an ARC of The Witch of Salt & Storm - and heed my words, you'll need tissues for this one. Absolutely stunning book and fab world-building and plot. It releases in 3 days!
2142205318712886

GoodReads:

My Review:

Another book that is due to release on 4th September 2014, is The 100 Society which I read, reviewed and absolutely adored. It just wowed me in more ways than one, I hadn't really expected any of it! If you're looking for a good thriller and aren't afraid of a little gore then this is the one for you!
and...
I read The Memory Keepers which (surprise surprise) also releases on September 4th! Set in futuristic London, this was an incredible story set in an incredible world. If you're looking for something new to read then you need to look into this one!

1846110918196516

GoodReads:

My Review:

FINALLY...

I have 2 more to share! (Wow okay, so now it seems like I read a lot...)

I read Glimpse and Fateful which are both YA Paranormal reads. Both which I enjoyed a lot! Fateful really intrigued me as it's a Titanic retelling with a twist and I absolutely loved it! And Glimpse is based off the poem 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes. Worth a read!
(Also did I mention both have very pretty covers?!)

180420639874342

GoodReads:

I enjoyed most of the books I read, majority I loved, but out of all of them (besides the Night School books which I love more than anything so I won't include them) I enjoyed these the most.



I had a fab month and now I'm fired up for all those September new releases! Hopefully I can read more than the 15 I read this month! (Also, to add I read quite a few UKYA books *pats self on back*)

Have you read any of these titles? What books did you read throughout August?
Which was your favourite?

Comment below or Tweet me! I'd love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment