Tuesday, 13 May 2014

May TBR!




I'd like to start off with saying Happy Publication Day to E. Lockhart, author of her new YA book We Were Liars

I'm proud to say I have my copy waiting at the top of my TBR pile for this month, exciting! It is one of my most anticipated novels of this year and after hearing so many great (and somewhat disturbing) things about it, I know I'll be reading it fairly soon. 

Moving on, I have a lot of books that need reading, poor things have been rotting a little on my shelves and need some TLC from this Dictator. I've already read 3 books this month so far and hope to read a lot more! 







This is in no particular order. (We Were Liars just happened to find its way to the top. This was totally not intentional.)

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

As I stated above, it was one of my most anticipated novels and I must read it. I MUST.

Undone by Cat Clarke

Earlier in the month, I read A Kiss in the Dark and really enjoyed it. It was incredibly gripping and took me by surprise. Undone had been lying on my TBR for a while now and after reading A Kiss in the Dark I knew I had to read it. It just sounds so intriguing! Her books are just amazing. If you'd like to know more about this book, you can click here.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Taherah Mafi

Before anyone even begins to break out their swords and daggers to assassinate me for not having read this series yet, let me just say that I have been hesitant about this series for a while. I've heard both good and bad things and I just never got round to making myself pick up the first book. Yes, this book has a gorgeous cover (one of the best in my opinion) but the content is important too. So I've decided I would give this series a go. Click here to find out more about this book. 

Is all happy? Or shall I call the guards?

Now You See Me by Emma Haughton

Behold! A YA Thriller! No, really, I've heard great things about this one. With a supposedly incredible twist, it certainly captured my attention. I love books with twists especially if they're completely unexpected because I have no clue as to what I should expect from this book which makes it better! I really wanted to read this so I hope to do so this month sometime. More info for this book here

Looking For JJ (Jennifer Jones #1) by Anne Cassidy

This book was part of the UKYA group read-along on GoodReads hosted by Lucy from Queen of Contemporary. (Whom you should check out because she's awesome.) 

Sadly, I didn't get the chance to join in because I had so many books to read! I'm hoping to get a chance to read this soon because it sound's really good! (Plus I have the sequel too, so obviously I need to read this.)
You can find out more about this book here

Witch Finder (Witch Finder #1) by Ruth Warburton

After reading Half Bad, I've been really getting into witch related books and this one interested me. (The cover has nothing to do with it, I swear.) But really, it does sound great and what's better is the sequel is coming out next month! (And it has a gorgeous cover too. Look!)
You can find out more about Witch Finder here.

Thirteen Reasons Why  by Jay Asher

This was given to me by one of my good friends. I've seen it around in bookshops but didn't really know what it was about until she told me about it and a day later, she thrust this book into my hands. I really can't wait to read it! For a brief summary, this is about a girl, Hannah, who has committed suicide but left a tape stating 13 reasons why she ended her life and her crush happens to find it. I really want to read more YA Contemporary so it's on my TBR. More info here

Far From You by Tess Sharpe

Jim over at YA Yeah Yeah literally had been hyping about this book to a point where I had to get a copy. Normally, I'd do my research and then buy a book but for this one, I bought it blind. So I'm a little curious as to what this book is about and it's a YA Contemporary Mystery. Mystery. Who doesn't love cracking a good mystery? Or reading one in this case, but I really am excited about this one. More info here.

if I manage to read all these (which I'm hoping I will, an acre of land if I fail to anyone who thinks I won't) then I shall read some more of A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I'm about 130 pages in and loving it. I didn't really fancy the TV show so I'm quite happy. 

That's my TBR for the rest of this month, though I may squeeze in other books. What will you be reading this month? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me at @TheDarkDictator!

I bid thee farewell.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, FAR FROM YOU WAS AMAZING. I hope you like it! The mystery aspect wasn't my favourite but, well, you'll see when you read the book! (:

    I read A Kiss in the Dark and loved it too! I really need to read other books by Cat Clarke.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete